- Attorney, Partner
- Private clients and family businesses
Laurent assists his clients in the following areas
- Tax audits and litigation: assisting executives and their companies in tax audits and litigation in the pre-litigation phase and before the courts.
- Employee shareholding: assistance in the implementation of employee incentive plans and the related tax obligations.
- Transfer of residence: assisting senior executives in the context of a departure from France or a return to France in collaboration with foreign advisors.
- Transfer and transmission: assistance in the context of the transfer of a company and family transmission.
- Trust: assistance to trustees and beneficiaries with regards to French tax consequences in relation to IFI, international gifts and inheritance as well as specific French tax reporting obligations.
Laurent started in 1996 in the Family Business Department of Landwell & Partners, before joining Arthur Andersen’s Private Clients Services department in 2001. In 2002, he joined the Wealth Management department of Ernst & Young, then the tax department of Franklin in 2006. He was then a partner in the tax department of Franklin from 2015 to 2020. He is a partner of Yards (formerly Barré & Associés) since 2020.
Laurent is a member of the jury of the Trophées de la Gestion de Patrimoine organised with BFM Business TV.
Co-writing with Julia Novak in the April 2021 issue of the Revue fiscale du Patrimoine of a commentary on the decision of the Cour de cassation of 6 January 2021. “The irrevocability of the trust is not sufficient for inheritance tax purposes!
- Master 2 Wealth Management (ISC Paris Business School)
- Master’s degree in Private Law with a major in Business Law (University of Sceaux – Paris XI)